G-ID applies the same item identification and tracking procedures to diamond identification as it does to the coloured stone. We offer full services to test all diamonds, and identify synthetics and simulants. Our laboratories capacitated a variety of different in-house and proprietary equipment to identify loose and mounted diamonds. Different types of services are listed as follows.
1. The Diamond Batch Service: screening a large number of diamonds in the size range of 0.005 ct and above, in the colourless to near colourless colour range, and in all shapes. Jewellery in simple design, such as ring, pendant, brooches, and bracelet can be accepted.
2. The Diamond Identification Service: analysing the loose colourless to near colourless diamond whether it is natural, synthetic (laboratory-grown), and if applicable – treated diamond.
3. The Complete Grading Service*: 4Cs–carat, clarity, colour, cut- grading of natural diamonds can be carried out by G-ID. This is only available for a loose diamond, not mounted.
4. The Diamond Type Determination Service: diamonds are comprehensively separated into four types: Type Ia, Type Ib, Type IIa, and Type IIb. G-ID uses Fourier transform infrared spectrometer (FTIR) to measure the characteristics of absorption patterns from which diamond type can be determined.
* We grade colourless diamonds to the same standards and scales used at the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) Laboratories worldwide. This is our integrity to strengthen the confidence of customers.